Wednesday

The Story

The 29er Trifecta is a 29 mile boulevard tour of Omaha held every leap year on February 29th and ridden on 29er bicycles.

In 1889, Horace Cleveland proposed a grand park and boulevard system for Omaha. One hundred years and miles later, the parks and boulevards are stilll key to Omaha cycling life.

Join in on Friday, February 29th, 6:29 PM at the Trek Bicycle Store for the first leap year 29er Trifecta.

It's 29 miles.

It's on the 29th

You better be riding a 29er, if you don't have a 29er then you better bring a fixie, if you don't have a fixie, well...you can still come but you have to make 29 sacrifices to the 29er godfathers, Wes Williams, Steve Potts, Gary Fisher, do I need to list more?

Saddle up, it's year one, be a charter member...

11 Comments:

Blogger T-bone said...

Sign me up.

February 4, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger ajb said...

First... nice photos on the old school O. What's the deal w/ 29 sacrifices, though? Would 700cc wheels do?

February 5, 2008 at 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I dig what you've worked up here! You must get to spend most of your days thinking of stuff like this. I'm in.

February 6, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Mark Savery said...

You ride whatever you like ajb.

The route is going to be freakin' sweet under street lights.

February 6, 2008 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Well, I have that day off and have appointments with the dentist and optometrist, but now I'm thinking I should head to Omaha. Great idea!

February 6, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Mark Savery said...

You gotta make it Cornbread. You're always asking me how I like Omaha. This loop has a lot to do with my answer. The neighborhoods we ride through are sweet. We got floor space too.

February 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger munsoned said...

Here is a visual aid for those who are maply inclined. I took some liberty with the route as I did this on a whim and I also added the 2 stops at the "watering holes." That is why the route shows as 30.98 miles and not 29. Sorry Mod.

February 8, 2008 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

i oppose the idea that a fixie is a substitute for a 29er. think of the riffraff it will attract.

February 13, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Mark Savery said...

oh emily.

February 13, 2008 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Wow,

A very nice idea.

Cornbread, what time would you be leaving for the big O and what time would you be on the road to come back home from this event?

I am looking for someone to ride with that has a bike rack. My problem is that I work early AM on March 1st.

Peace out

February 14, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Shim said...

Why is the ride not starting at 6:29? And yes I will be on a fixxie. Now you know what kind of riff raff it will attract.

Can I crash on your floor Mod?

Anyone want to buy a sweet 29'r?

February 18, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home